P.S. 16 Augustus 2014: listening to this version again, my first thought was that is was just a bit too slow, but in the course of the piece I began to appreciate it. This must have been the tempo when I played it in Goes a few years ago, when Kees van Eersel said that it was beautifully performed, but a little slow. Still, I think I'll keep playing it a little faster in the future.
This blog is a long term project to document my expertise as an organist and an improvising and composing pianist.
11/07/2014
Doubts about the tempo - J.S. Bach- Sonata in C major BWV 529, second movement ("Tholen")
I have been concentrating on the slow movements from the trio sonatas for some time.
P.S. 16 Augustus 2014: listening to this version again, my first thought was that is was just a bit too slow, but in the course of the piece I began to appreciate it. This must have been the tempo when I played it in Goes a few years ago, when Kees van Eersel said that it was beautifully performed, but a little slow. Still, I think I'll keep playing it a little faster in the future.
P.S. 16 Augustus 2014: listening to this version again, my first thought was that is was just a bit too slow, but in the course of the piece I began to appreciate it. This must have been the tempo when I played it in Goes a few years ago, when Kees van Eersel said that it was beautifully performed, but a little slow. Still, I think I'll keep playing it a little faster in the future.