Theme one: Bach
Theme two: Haydn
Theme three: German romanticism
Theme four: Tanke
(it may be argued that the order of the program requires "Tanke" as the first theme, but in the company of such composers I would not dare to do this).
So we have the four themes alternating as follows:
4-1-2-3
4-1-2-3
4-3-2-1
4
This order shows a well-known rhetoric principle: firstly to make a statement (4-1-2-3 in this case), secondly to repeat this and thirdly to vary this (4-3-2-1 and the additional 4). During my analysis lessons at Rotterdam Conservatoire, I often refer to this as the "read-steady-go-principle", which also provides the framework for numerous jokes.
I took care to have a varied pattern of tone centres:
d - G - C - E
b flat - g - C - F
g sharp - d - C - c
g
Another thing to consider was were to put the pieces with a dramatic plenum: at the beginning just after the introduction (Bach), at about 2/3 of the total duration (Reger) and at the end (Tanke). As I used a small plenum in the last piece by Haydn, this implies also that every "theme" had its plenum moment.
Of vital importance was placing Reger's dramatic passacaglia according to the golden cut ratio.
The program ran as follows: (all recordings were made during the concert, except Stillness):
1. Stillness
13. Archetypes
With Tommy van Doorn, organist of the basilica Sint-Petrus and a very promising young musician, and my wife Anita as stop assistants, the concert succeeded and was very well received.

