P.S. 21 August 2014: in spite of the nice arguments this performance is just too slow.
This blog is a long term project to document my expertise as an organist and an improvising and composing pianist.
30/03/2014
J. S. Bach - Von Gott will ich nicht lassen BWV 658 (played too slowly)
While recording the piece, I felt that the tempo was just what I wanted. However, listening to it through the computer's loudspeakers makes me think it's a little bit too slow, although the desolate character of the piece communicates itself. I'll listen again through hi-fi loudspeakers in the living-room. I remember watching Richter's performance of the first movement of Schubert's B flat sonata with students via Youtube and that we thought it was too slow, while I did not have that objection with CD quality and good loudspeakers at home. Let alone how the effect during the live performance may have been.